Our residents often loft their beds in order to use the space in their rooms more effectively. The Residence Life staff encourages families to bring their own tools as it will speed up the construction process, but limited tools can be checked out at the front desk of your residence hall.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, all residence halls, except Johnstone Center (Pryor, Colter, and Mullan wings) and Hannon Hall, will have bed lofting systems and will not require additional materials or tools.
2016-2017 Loft Options
Students assigned to the following halls will have the option to build their own lofts using the plans below, purchasing a loft kit from a local, Bozeman area hardware store, or renting a loft.
• Hannon Hall • Johnstone Center (Pryor, Colter, and Mullan wings) • Roskie Hall • South Hedges •
All loft plans are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Generic Loft Plans for Hannon Hall, Johnstone Center (Pryor, Colter, and Mullan wings), and South Hedges
- Roskie Loft Plans
- Loft Rental Program - The MSU Residence Hall Association is also partnering with Collegiate Concepts, Inc. (CCI) to provide the LoftConcepts® Loft direct rental program. The loft is specifically designed to utilize the University’s existing bed frame and mattress. The loft meets all the University specifications for safety and size. Collegiate Concepts, Inc. is the premier supplier for select colleges and universities throughout the United States. CCI wants you to be 100% satisfied with your rental loft. Please visit their website at www.loftconcepts.com or by phone at 1-515-597-2303 for pricing and to order your loft. Collegiate Concepts guarantees the delivery of the bed loft to your room before you move in if your order is received by July 29, 2016.
**Please note: The CCI direct rental program is only available to students living in Hannon, Johnstone Center, Mullan, Roskie and South Hedges.**
Students assigned to the following halls will have loftable beds so students will not be able to build or rent a loft for their room. You can find the generic lofting instructions for these beds below.
• Freshman Apartments • Hapner Hall • Headwaters Complex • Langford Hall • North Hedges Hall • Yellowstone Hall •
- Lofting Instructions for Freshman Apartments, Hapner Hall, Headwaters Complex, Langford Hall, North Hedges Hall, and Yellowstone Hall